Tuesday, September 26, 2006

This Ones For U...MOM

I looked at her...
As she watched me play...
Those beautiful wattery eyes..
Sure had something to say...

She smiled softly...
And waved out at me...
And i was back into the sandbox...
Gathering all the glee...

She took me back home...
Handling me with care...
Afterall i was her presious diamond..
For her,which was very rare...

So many names..
That i had for her...
From mommy,momuchka to mum...
All blended with love for sure...

No matter what i called out...
She always answered with a 'yes'...
And she too loved those names...
ummm...thats wat i guess...

She would cook all day long...
To make my favorite dishes...
My one and only genie...
Granting me delicious wishes...

From being a terrific mom...
To yet another friend...
I often thank god for this...
With good notes to him i send...

She's the head of our family...
Playing a very important role...
And to have her as my mother...
I'm one lucky soul...

Her whips and all those whacks...
Had surely done the magic...
Without those i admit...
My life would've been tragic...

I still remember those nights...
When she would tuck me in my bed...
And those wonderful bedtime stories...
Would end with a kiss on my forehead..

She's seen me grow...
From a baby to a dame...
And for all these years...
I still feel the same...

I wished i could stay small...
Throughout my whole life...
For all the luv i've got from her...
Has always been rife...

For once in every year...
We celebrate her day...
But do you really feel its enuf...
To express what we have to say...?

Giving her love and happiness..
Thats too less of a repay...
for without a second thought...
I feel everyday is mothers day!!

..............SmartMind...thats moi.........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm a poet, too!

Please read my works in:
www.weepingwillow.cjb.net

Or visit my blog:
willows-ramblings.blogspot.com

SR said...

you have summed up all that shashi kapoor felt when he said 'Mere Pass Maa Hai!!!'
Way 2 go

Anonymous said...

All you have to do is click "Crafts" in the Navigation. And then, click the 1st Image. If you hover over the image for a while, you'll know it's for poems. That's where the poems are located.