Sunday, September 17, 2006

You Must Know How I Feel.... Read On....

AN AuToBioGraPhy Of a LOst CeLL............

I looked at her while she walked into the shop.
i was praying that she'd look at me...she moved her eyes over each one of us and her sight had passed by me...n then she stopped...to look back!..'phew'..a sigh of relief i had to give(as i was holding my breath all that while)..
she made a few enquiries abt me to the shop owner...ummmm...im not sure whether she was convinced enough but she wanted to see me...in and out..after a few flips and flaps i had got,she had a contented smile.
she jus looked at her dad and nodded.that small little hint and i had guessed she was gonna buy me.I was thrilled,overjoyed..u name a sense of excitement n i had it in me!i was put back into my box and given to her!..i sure was a little expensive but wat the heck!..i was worth it..she took me home all excited herself...and i cud feel the eagerness she had, to show me to her family n frends!she got me home and as tradition follows did the needful.And ofcourse,i was at her service rt from that moment.And those days began..normal routined life she had.She would wake up in the morning,check me,as i would be right next to her pillow,and then get dressed for office.i was her all time entertainment.listening to songs,clicking pics,all would be my job.n i was so sure that she loved me!there was a minimum count of 20 pics per day.and i loved it when she would flaunt me!!i was her only best friend...had to be..cuz she had kept most of her secrets locked inside of me..her talks were never ending i must say..she got calls right from the time she woke up til the time she hit the sack!and her messages were mindblowing...i would fall short of space!thus the days went by.I was a cynosure!!She would admire me evry now n then,not that i would say she kept me neat n dirt free..ive even been banged into a lotta things...ouch ..that hurt!the phrase 'a friend in need is a friend indeed' would best suit me..ive been with her throug her rough times.her laughter still rings in my ears,and her tears still give my buttons the wet feel...i must have heard numerous conversations,but the best ones were those she would have with her close ones.some of them were in my 'save' custody!She was really clumsy about me though!...she would jus keep me some place n forget!..but then she would be equally tensed n frantically try n search for me!...Along with her,even her dad was fond of me..n kept warning her about this clumsiness!..one thing i would really feel jealous about was when she would praise some other collegues of mine n say 'thats gonna be my next cell'..i dont want a replacement ever..even if i grow old i would love to be at her service..so to sum it up ,i was a part of her...not a single day she would go newhere without me!how i wish i cud go on with these wonderful frolic memories..til that day wen somebody had prayed soo hard to b it his lucky day!!it was friday morning,and as usual,she was all set n dressed to go to office!i cud tell something was going on in her mind cuz she seemed pretty disturbed..fr the frst time in those 5 months,she hadnt put on her plugs!..so i was all bored sitting in her bag that day...the journey seemed longer than ever...highly samey!for that first time since she had me,she wasnt listening to music!... she just kept staring outside the bus window,keeping her thoughts busy with something else..til she reached her distination...And suddenly there was a jerk! ... i came back to my senses ,and what do i know... i was in someone else's hands!I tried my level best to mime and get her attention, but it was too late... she had already got off the bus ... without having the slightest clue of what had happened! n soon she was out of sight!....wat a day! i dint even bother to look at that bod who was holding me .. n cheering his way out to have been succesful in his game!it was precisely 10 mins when there was a ring.... and it was her!... she sounded really worried and i could make out she had shed out her precious gems.. i couldnt see her in that state... and neither could i see myself.. she pleaded to get me back but was in vain.. sigh... i had to absorb that i was soon gonna have a new owner..i was feeling nostalgic..i was having this intrinsic feeling tht she would find me... wishing that atleast the police could track us down..but then again... if wishes were horses,beggers would ride em!And then there i was... back into my stage where i got a few flips and flaps and had again seen a contented smile... but this time the thrill and the over excitement was in someone else's arms...Evryones gets their share of hapiness... i did too...All good things must come to an end....so y complain!!

2 comments:

sahasrasfuran said...

hmmm..real autobiography ..but the girl its abt is more than the cell its abt!!

SR said...

The start made me feel that i shud have been the cell. The end changed my mind though...